Wednesday, June 28, 2006

30 going on 13.


June 28, 2006 Wednesday- My birthday!
I had a great day today! I couldn’t wish for any better off an internet chain email (send this to 10 people and your wish will come true). Short recap of the day. Breakfast in an Ocean Beach waterfront restaurant. Quick antiquing down the main drag. Bought the baby a really cute knit hat with trains on it (Dad would approve). Bought me some ninja shoes from a hippie store. Then we went on a shopping spree at a Motherhood store and practically bought a new wardrobe so I can get dressed for work without crying (hopefully). We went home for a sec and regrouped then off to Sears and Sleepyheads looking for a twin mattress for Mom in laws stay with us. Didn’t buy anything though. I actually showed restraint. Then we went home, showered, I put on my new prego dress illustrated in the above picture and we went to our favorite local Italian restaurant, Tiramisu. We had a fabulous meal and now I am sitting fat and happy tapping away to tell you all about it.

I am definitely "showing" now. Maternity clothes are good at making you look even more pregnant. Which I guess is better than just thick or worse, fat. I’m still at the stage where no stranger dare ask. And I almost feel the need to explain to strangers that I’m pregnant. Thankfully, I refrain. I felt good all day. Great energy, and mood. I am hoping to go to yoga in the morning and am hoping I will be back to my normal workout routine now. Maybe that’ll help level off my weight gain. It’s tough to excersize when all you want to do is barf and sleep and barf then eat then sleep some more. I swear I just turned 13 not 30.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

giggle. you do look prego! even in a patterned dress; wow, I'm impressed. And what an already proud papa. What fun you two shall have next year.

Arr.

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

WOW!!! I am soooooooo excited for you two... that is soooooooo totally awesome... I can't wait to see pictures of the baby... anyway, so glad you had an awesome b-day... btw you look awesome! Take care!

Your cousin!