Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dutiful Husband


June 24th 2006 Saturday
I just poured a piping hot cup of decaf Joe and am contemplating the work that should be done today. I really need to clean the house and I should do it now before it gets hot and I get tired. Waaah. Keith is in there over sleeping and grumpily yelling at the dogs who are trying to get him up (probably by licking his back). He’ll complain later about how his head hurts because he overslept. We are due to hit Hash House A Go-Go (http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/) at 10am to catch up with some friends. We haven’t told them yet that I am pregnant. I don’t like saying, “We are pregnant,” I think that is most certainly false. Although Keith is a loving man, he really can’t know what it’s like and he’s not the one trudging through the afternoon in his cube, with a mouth full of warming saliva and a gut pressing up against his straining pants. So I am pregnant, and he is a dutiful observer. I think he would happily agree.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

40 more minutes till your birthday!!!