Friday, June 16, 2006

Telling your Boss You're Pregnant

June 16, 2006 FRIDAY! Day 40- another week gone by.
My dreams have been hijacked by a baby for sure. I had dreams last night that I was at a festival like Oktoberfest and a friend from high school was pressuring me to have a beer, and at first it was like I forgot I was prego. Then I kind of exclaimed, “I can’t drink beer I’m pregnant!” My dreams are interwoven with baby concerns, almost every night now. Also, I do wake up every night to groggily visit the bathroom. But don’t have any trouble falling back asleep.

I told my boss that I’m pregnant. I know that’s a touchy subject and everyone has an opinion as to where and when you should do this. I took a chance on an opportunity regarding going part time immediately. (which isn’t going to work out) But we did hammer out how the whole thing will work for them and for me up until delivery and leave and when I will come back. When I do return it will be part time and I am starting to look around for infant care, which already brakes my heart. Keith and I are hoping a better way will pop up. We have a lot of time between now and then. It’s really great how much time you have to prepare yourself and your world before the baby really shows up.

No comments: