Friday, June 23, 2006

new floors, popping stomachs and mother in laws.

June 23rd 2006 Friday evening
We just finished installing the new faux wood floor in the baby’s room. I say we, but I mean mostly Keith. It looks pretty great! I think it’ll go well with our pirate-y theme.

Much to my dismay, my stomach has popped out. I’ve tried to suck it in, and hold my breath, giving myself pain and gas. That sucks. I think I’ll stop fighting reality and go with it. I judge myself and say I shouldn’t be showing yet, but who’s to say that? I think my experience is unique and I need to relish in each stage. I’m not going to be this small for long. And it’s undeniable that I am beginning to look pregnant in mid week 9. I should take a picture.

I have been emotional. Let’s say- from tearing up because I think everyone will forget my birthday, to laughing hysterically until I cry and gag over next to nothing. I am basically a raging PMSing 13 year old girl again. I want to sleep and sleep and I don’t want to exercise. Even though I know I need to. We have so much to do before Doris arrives (my mother in law will be staying with us for a month or so) and Keith (my hero) is working himself to the bone at his real job, side jobs and this house. I am learning to accept that we are not perfect and the house will have a life of it’s own. Although, I would kill for a house keeper right now.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Like I would let anyone forget your birthday. Arr. I will let them know, boy howdy.