Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Room Service Please!

July 12, 2006 Wednesday 8:34 pm
Wow, I haven’t written anything in a long time. We have been busy getting ready for Doris’ arrival- and now she is here! Whew!

I feel like I have gained weight like a madwoman. I guess I should talk to my doctor about it on Monday. I need to start an exercise regimen and stick to it. I feel pretty embarrassed about the gain. However I am conflicted too. I try to let things just go with the flow. But when you are pregnant, people freely to judge you; what I eat, drink and look like are all open to criticism. Also the gain has been bad for me all over, my ankles hurt, I get winded going up stairs, and I’m uncomfortable in my own skin.

It’s all for a good cause though. I can’t wait to hold our baby! I will have plenty of time to take off any excess weight after the baby is born. And I know I will. Right now I am just host to a wonderful guest, who is using my body as a 5 star hotel. When s/he orders room service, who am I to say no? Maybe that’s the problem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby wants to go to yoga. She told me last night.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wendy!

I have been on vacation back east with Ken's mother. Flew to Chicago, then drove to Pennsylvania to Cambridge Springs to the Riverside Inn. Beautiful drive... flat but so green... like driving thru' corn fields interspersed with golf courses. And so humid!! Felt like I was trying to breathe under water. I got home a week ago with my athsma acting up, swollen legs (I think from sitting too long in one position on the plane, etc.), and knee pain in my left knee so severe I could barely walk. Was very depressing.

Woke up this morning feeling MUCH better, and came to read your blog. It is so fun to hear all you are going thru'. I don't remember thinking so much when I was pregnant (on the other hand, it's hard for me to imagine a time when I didn't over-think something LOL). I know that pregnancy can be difficult at times, but mostly wonderful, and I think you'll be really happy to have your blog to look back at your experience, and appreciate it with the distance of hindsight, when the discomfort is gone.
Of course, it may be some time before you have the time or energy to do that!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope you are loving yourself thru' all this; maybe the baby will be learning to do it too... it's amazing what they discover about prenatal experiences all the time.

Well, this isn't really a response, but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. And Keith too. His experiences may be less physical, but I'm sure they are just as real.

Love you,
Aunt Kathleen

bendystar said...

I am so glad that people are reading my blog! I think it's a great way to connect with family, especially those farther away.