Monday, March 03, 2008

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign


3/2/08: Big day for us! Miles signed a few words to me today. He said “more, eat” and “finished” I think he has been saying these things for a week or so but I was misinterpreting them. This time it was clear because I signed it right before him and he copied me. So I’m going to try signing more and more with him now. I knew once he could clap that he might have the dexterity to sign more. Now I know for sure. He is also taking a few steps to me. He did it again this morning. It’s kinda a step, step, lunge. So far he hasn’t done it on his own, just in between furniture or if he is at the couch and I’m nearby.

We are going up to see my Dad this Friday. It’ll be our first family plane trip. Miles is so easy going and easily distracted that I am hopeful it will go well. I can always nurse him too- which is his favorite thing to do in unsure situations. It’ll be nice to get away as a family since Keith has been working so much. Hopefully Dad wont put us to work when we get there!

I also finally finished Miles' new crochet mouse. I think he's super crochet cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute mouse! I love it! Heath does signs too- "more, sleep, up." Isn't it great when they make signs?
But then there is the caveman language. "Eh, eh, eh!"
Good luck with the plane ride!

erika_deanne said...

tag your it! read my blog for the details!