Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The sleep saga continues



2/20/08: So the crib thing didn’t work. We tried it on for a week, but Miles never took for it. I know some of you are thinking that I may not have tried hard enough. But I know my baby, and he was having none of it After too many missed afternoon naps, and after sleeping in the nursery with him for a week, I’m trying plan B. I took apart the crib and put it in the garage for now. I took the legs off the twin and put it on the floor. I removed the curtains (which hung over the bed) I removed all electronics except the fan and the monitor and put plugs in all the sockets. And I put a bed rail on the twin and pillows all over the floor around the bed. He’s sleeping in there by himself for the first time right now. Before, I couldn’t get him to sleep in the afternoon because he would wake when I put him down. So this way I can lay with him and nurse him and then sneak out when he falls asleep. I don’t have to worry about him falling of the bed if I don’t get to him fast enough when he wakes. And maybe I can still reclaim my bedroom. We’ll see how this goes. I have high hopes.

Other than that not much is new. Miles is still very close to taking those elusive first steps. Today he sucked water through a straw for the first time. And that’s about all the news I have.

I finished my first crochet project. It’s a simple pirate monster. Miles seems to like it. It’s far from perfect, but not bad for my first project.

1 comment:

erika_deanne said...

I LOVE the pirate monster. I think its adorable! as of course is Miles!