Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Walking and Cleaning

Miles has started walking a little and I'm trying to get the house ready for the appraisal- cleaning like mad and finishing details like touching up the interior paint etc to try to spiff up the place.

We took Miles to a St Patty's day parade and festival in Balboa Park- we had a blast and Miles was in awe looking at everyone and everything. You know how people wear crazy green hats and stuff, so it was entertaining.

Other than that, just stressing about the loan and trying to keep Miles busy. He's moving to one nap a day so we are messing with his schedule and still messing with the sleeping arrangement. I'm not getting much sleep so I have a headache and have been feeling kinda sick and grumpy. We need to do something else- I think he'll be coming back into our room with us- We're going to take our bed off the frame and put the mattress on the floor with a baby gate around it. If you can believe it. I know it seems stupid- but I think it makes more sense. Right now I'm getting up at 12 am after sleeping for only 2 hours and spending the rest of the night cramped in the twin. He is waking a lot right now and in the twin I can't put any distance between us- so we wake each other up. I'm even thinking of putting the crib mattress on the floor next to our bed and having him sleep there- then he can come find us in the night if he wakes up. I don't know- this is just hard.

Also Mindy is sick- the medication made her stop eating and we've spent about 500$ of money we don't have so far just on tests and meds. The Vet told me to bring her in yesterday to get IV fluids and I told him I can't afford it so they did it free of charge. But I can't keep expecting that. I fed her a potato this morning which she ate- she's not even eating her food if I put chicken broth on it. She shakes all the time and has been throwing up bile. Poor baby. He talked about putting her in the pet hospital on an IV. I think we will have to have her put down. I am waiting for as long as I can though. Yesterday when I was painting a wall that she had badly damaged, I was wondering if she would have the opportunity to scratch it up again or not. So sad.

This was kinda complain-y- Oh well.

No comments: