Saturday, September 06, 2008

New Co-sleeping Arrangements

9/6/08: Ack what happened to summer! I can’t even believe it’s already September.

Miles is 19 months and 4 weeks. He is talking up a storm! Most of it is fairly unintelligible, but he’ll have a whole conversation with you if you can decipher the general topic by his signing and gesturing. He still can sign much more than he is vocalizing. All this makes him really fun to have around. He’s also a little bit better at independent play.

We had to put the crib back together, but we are compromising and we put it in our room next to our bed. We did this because Miles was waking at 3:30am every morning and wanting to get out of bed. I think I was waking him with my movement and then nursing him doesn’t really get him back to sleep. So after many sleep disrupted nights and sore boobs from nursing for hours, we decided this was best for our family. Miles has taken to it very well. But I think he’ll probably be able to crawl out of it soon. I already have a plan for that. I’m going to take of the front rail and put a bed rail on the crib so he can get in and out by himself. Hopefully this won't lead to more midnight roaming. But so far I don’t ever leave him in there awake anyway- it’s really just so my movement won’t wake him. So, Yay! He slept all the way trough ‘til 5am this morning, then was in our bed until 6 when we finally got up. I think this will be a good transition into his own room eventually. Just a little independence.

No comments: