Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New beginings and new Challenges

Miles is giving me a run for my money with his new found abilities. I find I am really having to step up my game. He needs constant attention now in a completely different way. He wants me to play with him and help him stand and walk all the time. He is crawling and getting into everything he shouldn't (drawers, wires, etc) We need to be better babyproofers. But right now, I just redirect and redirect and distract and redirect. It's a little exhausting. Combined with the not sleeping thing. Miles is teething again and is having trouble sleeping. He wants to nurse ALL NIGHT long, which leaves me tired and sore. He was up from 11:30pm to 1am this morning before I got up and gave him some Motrin and turned on the humidifier. Poor guy, he is a trooper though. We spend the days playing and going through the routine, Up, change, eat, play, nap, up, change, eat, play (or go out) nap, Up, eat, bath, play, night time. Sound exciting to you? It's fun actually and we go out a lot, to play groups and shopping, errands, whatever. Today we are meeting a friend for lunch and then going to a sign language class. We need to go to the store too, and he's napping right now. He's been napping well, at least! We have yoga on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the gym at 8- so that fits in nicely. We have a playgroup on Mondays and Tuesdays, there's a walking group, but it conflicts with my other activities. When he naps I do email, clean, craft, paint, or whatever.

It's the best life. It can be a little isolating, if you don't make an effort to get out. And I really wish I had some real friends that have babies or kids. I am working on it though. I just joined a new group that will hopefully have some more like minded mamas out there. Not that I need someone just like me, but the older Miles gets the more I feel like a black sheep in my group and I think it's important to find some people who support, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, green cleaning, organic, etc...

1 comment:

@HolisticMom on Twitter said...

Hi Wendy!

Boy I feel for you. This post could have been written by me! It's funny how similar our lives can be b/c we are all going through the same things, and yet be so isolated unless we get out there and meet other mommies! The mommy clubs help alot, you'll see. =)