Thursday, November 15, 2007

10 Months old and on the go!


11/15/07

Miles is 10 months old today! He has been eating- He will really only eat sweet potato and chicken jar baby food. Not my homemade stuff. So he's been not eating as much since I ran out- Need to go get more. He also had a very severe diaper rash (triple paste works the best- by the way) That was bloody and raw- so we held off on anything too flavorful for a few days.

AND he is starting to FINALLY crawl! He really gets around. It's a combo of shuffling on his butt- then dropping and rolling and dragging himself. Every once and a while he will get on all fours and rock- which is how he is "supposed to" learn. But mostly he is paving his own road to freedom. So he is officially into everything he can get his hands on. He’ll find the smallest piece of whatever on the floor and pick it up and inspect it. I have my work cut out for me. In a way it's easier because he's more independent, and in a way it's harder, because he's more independent.

But now that he’s getting around. Since his sudden new freedom, it’s like he can’t stop. He has had trouble napping/sleeping. It’s like he’s a wind up toy that won’t wind down. He lays facing me and latches on then twists his bottom half so his knees are down on the bed and hoists his booty into the air and tries to nurse and crawl at the same time. I’m like, “Hey there buddy, can’t take it with you.” It takes him twice as long to fall asleep, even when he’s sooooo tired, than it did a week ago. While he gets all this exercise, I am getting exercise in patience. Here's a picture of my new painting of him.

No comments: