Saturday, October 09, 2010

35 Weeks and counting



10/9/10: We are getting closer to the big day when we invite Ivy into the family and introduce her to the world. Miles is so ready for a little sister, even pointing out cute babies when we are out and about.

When we go to sleep at night Miles will snuggle with my tummy saying, “I need Ivy.” He makes her a part of just about everything. He announces to cashiers, people at the park and just about anyone that he “Has an Ivy.” Or That “Mommy has an Ivy in her tummy.” I always have to come in and explain what he’s talking about.

We are not quite as ready as Miles is. We still need to pack a bag, (I’m about 35 weeks now) put the car seat in the car, get all her gear set up and gather all our loaned out carriers, etc. Keith’s travel schedule has been tougher than we expected for this late in the pregnancy, and I’m just getting over a cold. So hopefully after next week things will be a bit smoother and I’ll have a little more help getting ready

The baby shower is tomorrow and I’m so excited to see everyone. Some people attending I will have barely seen through this pregnancy. My friend Jenny is hosting at my Mom’s house with a lot of help from all my other good friends and family. I’m sure it’s going to be gorgeous.

No comments: