Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life These Days

I wish I updated more these days but life is hectic with a 3.5 year old. Seems much of the downtime I do I either spend resting or crocheting- which is really just productive resting.

I did find time to complete a new painting of Miles this week. I was really getting the itch so I chunked out some time for me. I was inspired to try something more whimsical- which I have a little trouble with, but thought I'd give it a try. Here's what I came up with.


Miles is an amazing story teller. He has a very vivid imagination and often incorporates outer space in his stories. He loves rockets, robots and fire balls. He knows the names of the planets and even some of the colors of the plants. He has an uncanny sense of direction and will tell me where to turn even when 5 miles or more from our home. There's no tricking him anymore and driving until he falls asleep because he'll keep telling me I'm lost.

He's very excited to be a big brother. He tells everyone he meets that his Mommy has an "Ivy" in her tummy. He greets her the morning and several times throughout the day, kisses my stomach as if she is already here. He talks to her and sometimes even talks for her. Which is to-die-for cute. He's also very tolerant of me these days with my slow movement, low energy and back pain complaints. He amazes me with his adaptability.

Keith and I are taking Hypnobirthing classes with Care Messer in preparation for Ivy's arrival. To learn more about it you can go here: http://sandiegohypnobirth.com/hypnobirth.html The classes just started but so far I am excited by the prospect of a "Pure Birth". I am very optimistic that this pregnancy, labor and delivery will be very different than the last. Although I suppose that's pretty much guaranteed whether I want it or not. I'm preparing this time. Pretty exciting.

No comments: