Friday, July 10, 2009

Lifestyle Changes...

Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows that it's a living thing. It fluctuates, ebbs and flows, some days are good some days are not. I'd like to lose weight before attempting another pregnancy, so I'm training for pregnancy.

I am at a good place right now. Doing my best to live my life and eat well. Eat when I'm hungry, try to eat less meat in general and eat more plants. I have been working out. I think that's essential. Not just in the weight loss itself, but in keeping my mind in the right place. I am the kind of person who needs somewhere to go -to work out. I have a hard time just doing lunges or crunches in my living room. I like a designated time and space. I prefer a predictable schedule. Something I can rely on and get in the habit of. But I don't really have that luxury right now. With a very spirited and wonderful little boy who has strong opinions about when he'll wear clothes and whether he can share his toys at the gym babysitter. So- I have to catch a class here and there and hope it all adds up.

I went to a yoga studio in La Mesa this morning called "A Gentle Way". I love yoga studios. They are calm and relaxing safe havens of exercise. You can do yoga as hard or as gentle as you want. The class this morning was taught by Helen and was a more beginner class, but she gave me the freedom to do a more advanced level of yoga- which I loved. I got to do Bird Of Paradise for my balance pose and the Wheel to wrap things up at the end. It was nice to be free to be me.

I got a tattoo on my ankle yesterday- it wraps down my foot and up the back of my leg. I have a single green star on my toe. I've decided that star represents my growing boy. That's my Miles Star.


Anyway I've lost 4 pounds this week. I am sure that will level off and I will be doing a good 1-2 pounds from here on out- but I do love that jump start at the beginning. Here we go!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love your new tattoo! I'm getting another one too soon-a Viking longship on my inner arm. It seems we both have two very spirited toddlers. Heath is 2 or 3 kids in one it seems! Way to go with the yoga too-I love practicing and the wheel is certainly a challenge!