Saturday, April 26, 2008

Leap and the net will appeaar.

4-26-08: I met with a friend yesterday to discuss a possible business opportunity that would enable me to be a professional artist from home and hopefully make some kind of a living from it in the long run. Along with being a wonderful opportunity for me, I would be able to support her in her endeavor and we, along with the rest of the team she is assembling, would be able to follow our bliss. It’s a wonderful idea and the possibilities are endless. I felt like the universe was opening up. Showing me there is always something brilliant and unforeseen around the corner if you are just open to it. Then is a seemingly innocuous twist of fate I was able to achieve something in yoga this morning that I have never been able to do. In the past I have been unable to execute Camel pose mostly because of fear. It’s a backbend where you are on your knees and you bend back to grab your ankles, opening your chest and spine in the process. I have always been so good at forward bends. Calming, and introspective. But back bends?! I have a fear of hurting my lower back, and a fear of not being strong enough to support myself-falling basically. Do to a wonderful instructor, Mary Jo, at the La Mesa Y this morning we did a ton of preparation for the pose, opening the front of the thighs and the chest. Twisting the spine, breathing. And then we just did it! I felt like it was an amazing metaphor for the business idea and venture, and for life in general. I feel my heart and my chest opening up to the future and to love and life and friends. I am learning to trust that life has a plan and the universe can support you if you are open and positive to it. Okay, so some of you must be thinking that I am crazy, or worse, irresponsible. I’m not saying that you have to sit around and wait for things to happen to you. I am saying that with openness in your life and mind you can see opportunities that may not otherwise be seen. And you can seize them! I want to teach my son that anything is possible. That he can dream it, he can do it. I want to live by example. I think this will be my year.

No comments: