Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bliss


9/18/07:
There are some amazing days where I get caught up in the moment, forget about all time and just relish in my life. I feel my soul swell and overflow with such pure happiness it overwhelms me. Sitting in the grass in front of the La Jolla Community center- on a whim- no-where to be. We plop down and feel the grass against our skin. Miles pushes his feet into the grass, wiggling toes searching for the underlying dirt. There’s a voyeur seagull at a safe distance- waiting for us to break out something edible. And we do, but it’s for Miles only. I pull him close to me, his hand floats up and gently touches my nose and mouth, before clawing open my lips to play with my teeth. He sucks hungrily and happily, talking with his mouth full and smiling a drippy milk smile. We linger in the shade for a while until, full of milk, Miles eyes get heavy and he rubs his face with the back of his hand, yearning for a little mid-day nap.

1 comment:

julia said...

wow - this was a beautifully written post. It makes me want to just cocoon with my baby.