Monday, May 29, 2006

First tentative documentation of the discovery of babyland


Saturday 10:59pm 5/27/06

My sis suggested I write a blog documenting my first go at pregnancy. I couldn’t imagine that anyone wants to know. But maybe I will want to look back on it someday.

It’s around day 19- which means I am about 5 1/2 weeks prego. I found out last Monday, May 22 after we arrived home from Magic Mt. A little stressed about the rides we went on unknowingly, but it seems no damage was done.

Keith and I decided to start trying, or at least stop preventing on April 6th 2006. So you can see, we’re more fertile than we expected.

I was nauseous for a few days, major headache, distracted, bloated and fatigued but other than that- I feel great! It’s funny because despite all the symptoms I just mentioned, I don’t feel pregnant. I didn’t really think I was, in fact I was convinced I wasn’t. Now even after the confirming words from a nurse…I still feel like peeing in a cup, just to be sure.

All the books say to be optimistic, so we are starting to prep the house. Partially for the Mother in Law coming to stay with us in July…But also for the baby. We already have a donated stroller and bassinette. So It was a matter of disassembling the loft bed and moving my painting supplies to the office. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

I was having some cramping, which led me to call the nurse. You can never get a doctor on the phone. She said it was normal and advised me, nonchalantly, to go to the ER if I start bleeding and passing matter because they would want to be sure I was miscarrying properly. Nice. Yeah, I would hate to do it wrong.

Keith grabbed me in the kitchen while I was making dinner last night and we danced cheek to cheek for a while. He is a better lead now than ever. Maybe knowing he will be a dad soon is making him take charge. Whatever, it was very romantic.

I need rest and so does our tadpole. So this is it. I hope I didn’t bore you too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»