Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 21-Sober but Hysterical



Monday 9:18am May 29th

Day 21- Ohmagosh- my boobs hurt so bad! It’s really strange to be so very aware of your anatomy. My left one is much larger than my right. I hope they even out.

On the topic of baby’s anatomy- The finishing touches are being put on the heart today and the eyes are going to be formed soon. Still about a 1/8th of an inch long. My body, the creator. Now I truly am an artist! (Hopefully not like Picasso)

The cramps are mostly gone, and I’m not sick at all. I am, however, prone to fits of uncontrollable, somewhat inappropriate, laughing fits. I mean, laugh until you sob and gag, laughing.

Last night we went to a BBQ for Memorial Day. It’s weird to be in a place where everyone but you is drinking. Especially since I used to be the Queen of drinkers. Drunky Sue, as my husband would call me. I have a plethora of juicy, seltzery drinks that I keep in tow. But still- It’s a little strange. Although I admit it feels great to be able to maintain a conversation and not be so dull and dulled. That is, when I’m not sobbing.

I have a lot of work to do today around the house. We have another BBQ to attend today and I am hoping to finish some stuff in the nursery today. And make room for me to set up a painting studio in the office. I am trying to decide on a mural for the baby’s room. What do you think- “Where The Wild Things Are”? Vote now of forever hold your peace.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Yes, Where the Wild Things Are is a fab idea. Then you could also have jungle sounds and monkeys!