Friday, February 19, 2010

Miles goes to Pre-School


2/19/10: Miles started a pre-school class the second week of February. It’s more of a play school. It’s a kind of a Reggio Emilia approach to pre-school that is play/creative based learning. And best of all, we can almost afford it!

So he goes to school now 5 hours a week. Whoo hoo! I get to go to the gym and run all the errands that Miles doesn’t exactly enjoy. He gets to socialize and figure out who he is without his mommy right there! He likes it, I like it. We’ve never had any real tears although he does ask me to stay with him. And after the first class he asked if I was mad at him. Yikes! He didn’t quite get why I was leaving him there. But already he is interested in what time it is, how to spell his name and he has muttered some interesting phrases that Keith and I don’t know where he picked them up, if not pre-school.



Today, for example; Me: “Miles you need to wear a jacket.” Miles, “Jacket?! Count me out!” Whaaaa?!! I don’t know where he got that. Then today, I’m reading a book called “Stuff White People Like”, by Christian Lander and Miles says, “Mommy, Don’t call me Whitey…” Again. Whaaa?! I even asked him to say it again. And I have no idea where he would get that…Unless he’s been talking to my neighbor Alfredo. ;)

Well, I’ve always said at this age pre-school is more for socialization than academics. I guess he’s getting an education one way or another!

No comments: