Thursday, January 08, 2009

Toddler Talk, and Favorites


1/9/08: We officially have to watch what we say. Miles is repeating the last word we utter no matter what that might be. Only he tends to add a “D” in front of words or say them back words. Like “Bee” is “Dee” Only with buzzing sound effects and hand motions so we know he’s talking about a bee. And “spoon” is something like “pooosh” but he points to the drawer or to my spoon so I know what he wants. His favorite sentence is “doggy poo poo” I’m not sure if the poo poo he is referring to is a noun or a verb- but I always check to see if Andy had an accident…usually he has not- so not sure what all the poo talk is about.

Miles is super sweet and affectionate and loves to give big, wet, puckered kisses. He greets the people he knows and loves with big hugs -to their legs, usually. His favorite things are balls, bubbles, balloons, and cars. He starting to play pretend, baking and cooking mostly. He makes the most delish’ pretend cookies, which fit right into my new years diet! Perfect for any diabetic too! We should market them. Hmmm….

His favorite things to do are explore, hike, try to jump (his feet don’t leave the ground yet), clap hands, high five, dance, paint and draw, and play with anything even remotely resembling a ball (bells, rocks, apples, whatever)- oh, how could I forget, he loves to nurse.

He is the most amazing little boy and he will be two years old a week from today. I can’t believe it. What an incredible journey. What a lucky mom I am to have him in my life.

No comments: