Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Terrible Twos


So Miles is being challenging. It's like living with an insane person. I swear the day he turned 2 it's like a switch flipped and now he wants what he wants And he wants it NOW and he wants weird stuff (like to carry around a slice of bread- not half DAMNIT but the WHOLE THING!- and not to eat- ew!) And I am struggling with how much I should give in and how much I need to draw the line. Mostly so far I've been case by case basis, considering what we have going on (time schedules and stuff) and how much damage he may potentially do.

And then there are priceless moments like today, I made him a smoothie and we were sitting together while he ate it with a spoon. Then started flinging it on the table- a little art on the side- so I got him a straw and he started to slurp it down, Then he burped and I said, "You should say Excuse me!" and covered my mouth to indicate that's what he should do when he burps. He thought this was hilarious and made me do it over and over again. All the while, he's freezing because he refused to put any clothes on (it took me 1/2 hour to get him to agree to put on some training underwear). He kept shrugging his shoulders up to his ears and going "brrrrr" in a high pitched voice while clenching his fists at his side making the universal sign for cold. Then laughing and laughing his head off at the "excuse me" joke. Whatever. It was funny. One of those regular moments that makes the rest of the madness worthwhile. And yes, that is a picture of Miles running around the back yard with a bucket on his head.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Zach is my 4th 2 year old and they are all the same but totally different. They are all kinda small people with bipolar. One minute he's having a huge tantrum and the next he's the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. we do alot of extenction when he has tantrums and lots of loves when he's done. I bet you'r doing a great job.