Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Potty and Pumpkins



8/6/08: My pumpkins are really growing! Along with tomatoes, jalapenos, tons of herbs, strawberries and bell peppers. It’s harvest season for the tomatoes. Some of them have blossom end rot so I added some calcium to the soil and I’m watering a little deeper and less often, that seems to be helping. But I am SO EXCITED that the pumpkins are growing! I hope to have a little kid party in October where they can all go pick a pumpkin from the yard and maybe we can have a carving party with lots of help from Mom and Dad. I love it.


Miles is on a slight potty strike. He will sit there for a minute but then hops down to play. Half the time peeing (or worse) on the bathroom floor. So no progress these past few days. We are not in a hurry, I just offer it to him every now and again and follow his lead. Hopefully he’ll be back on the wagon (or potty seat) again.

I finished a little amigurumi for my girlfriend who is about to give birth any day now- here he is- it’s a mouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I had a yard I'd be wanting to plant a garden from your inspiration! Let us know how the pumpkins turn out.