Monday, May 12, 2008

Head butt Me With Your Love


5/11/08: Happy Mother’s Day! We had a great weekend, full of friends and family over at out place. It was fun to host and easy to put Miles to sleep in the other room and then continue our party. My Mother’s Day started at 1:30 am as Miles was having a very rough night he kept us up until about 5am. Keith and I alternated trying to settle him back down. Not sure if it was teething or what. But then I got the best mother’s day present ever! Miles said Mama! He is talking a ton right now- in a repeat after me kind of way. He is trying to talk like crazy- today he said, “mama, cheese, ouch, vroom, banana” and some other words I can’t think of at the moment. Of course I probably wouldn’t recognize what he is saying if he wasn’t repeating me right after I say something. But it’s like a language explosion! He wasn’t saying much of anything and then all the sudden! It’s really fun for me.

Miles is also very expressive with his body. He has started to dance! So cute! And he shows his love and affection by head butting. I am trying to break him of that. I sign (and say)“ouch! Hurt mama!” I’m doing my best to sign all the sign I know throughout the day. He is trying to sign more, I can tell. He tried “cheese” today, but it doesn’t come out quite right. He gets real thoughtful and studies his hands and makes a clapping motion. Which is very close!

These days Miles and I have a rough idea of how we want things to go, -what needs to be accomplished that day, and then we fly by the seat of our pants from one thing to the next. I certainly didn't get one of those routine craving babies. He is sooooo unpredictable in his patterns. Just when I think he's settling into something, the next day it will be completely different. It makes it very difficult to plan anything. Oh well. I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments: