Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Growing Nicely



5/20/08: My garden is coming along quite nicely. I am pretty excited that the pumpkin seeds I planted last week have already sprouted. I’ve heard they’re hard to maintain, but so far so good. The tomato plants are loving this heat and seem to grow 6 inches every day. No flowers yet- but I can’t wait to taste that fruit! I need to find out what organic fertilizer people use on their gardens. I’m trying to stay away from the steroids I’ve given my plants in the past. Both lemon and lime trees are doing way better this year just being left alone. I do put down fresh mulch and compost each year. Maybe that’s enough. I’m enclosing some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Any comments or advise is welcome.


Miles had his Well visit yesterday and all is well. He is healthy and happy- but then I already knew that. We are doing a less aggressive vaccine schedule and are doing individual vaccines (instead of the bundled vaccines) one at a time. So he finally received a measles shot- but that’s it. We will go back in a month for the DTap. I feel better about letting his body process them one at a time. Even though it’s slightly more inconvenient for us. I'm afraid to vaccinate him and afraid not to- so this is my compromise. I feel pretty good about it so far. He didn't have any noticeable reaction to the shot yesterday.

We went for a walk in Mission Trails this morning. It was nice, and difficult. Miles really fights being confined in a stroller, but wont walk with me either. He wants to collect rocks to throw at people passing by. *sigh* We're working on that.

No comments: