Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts.


11/26/08: Getting ready for Thanksgiving. Reviewing recipes, grocery shopping, cleaning house and crocheting like a fiend. I’ve been trying to get Christmas presents together. Yes, the home made, oh so crafty kind. I’m trying not to spend more money on yarn than I would on actual gifts. Christmas is going to be big on spirit and light on funds this year. We are so lucky though. Blessed really. And I am so thankful for that. I listen to NPR a lot, too much probably, and as I’m trying to make room for leftovers in a packed fridge I hear about little old people and children standing in line for hours to get a free sack of potatoes and some onions. And this is somewhere in my neck of the woods. It makes me pause and realize that although we may have some unexpected bills and things are tight, that we are soooo very lucky that we have each other. We have heat, food, a warm place to sleep. I get to stay home with my amazing little man and practice words and signs with him everyday (today we learned dragonfly- thank goodness for the internet and http://www.aslpro.com/) Anyway, I guess I’m blubbering and going on. But I am so thankful this Thanksgiving. Now I need to go look up that recipe I heard on NPR for putting vodka in your pie crust. That’s my kind of Pie! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: