Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mr Wild



8/29/07:
I met a good friend, Stacy, for lunch today. It’s little things like meeting friends for lunch or wandering around Borders mid day that really make me relish this life.

Miles is way more interactive than he used to be and is becoming quite the talker. While in Borders I am trying to browse the Yoga and Eastern Religion books and Miles has decided this would be a great time to have a very loud conversation with his stuffed Mr. Wild. He was very intent, focused and consistent in his discussion. Of course Miles is usually my silent partner, so it’s amusing that he has chosen this location to express himself. As I looked at books on how to “live in the moment”, I find myself trying to decide if this self-expression is appropriate or if I should encourage him to use his “inside voice”. How young is too young for that? In the end I took him out of his stroller and put him in his front carrier and wore him around. He likes to suck on the shoulder strap and it’s hard to talk with your mouth full.

No comments: