Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Irritable Uterus- welcome to the third trimester

10/24/06:
I am on bedrest for the next week. Yesterday I went to work like normal, but felt a lot of pressure and heaviness in the pelvic area when I walked. I talked to a friend who told me I should call the doctor. My doctor’s office aid I should go home and lay down. After going home the feeling was the same so I called back and they sent me to Mary Birch Hospial for woman, labor and delivery. I was held for about 5 hours and monitored for pre term labor contractions. Apparently the pressure I had been having for the last few weeks were pre labor contractions. They gave me a shot to relax my uterus, which didn’t work. Then an IV, which also didn’t work. They did a couple tests which indicated I wasn’t dilated and sent me home with some medication to relax my “irritable uterus” and orders to stay off my feet as much as possible for the next week. I have a follow up on Halloween. Then well see what will happen from there. My first day of bedrest was pretty boring, I mostly read and watched TV, napped for a while. Keith was a sweety and went grocery shopping and made me dinner. It’s really strange not being able to do anything. I found myself actually wishing I could excersize today! I must be getting desperate already!

Last weekend we went to Julian and celebrated Grandma’s 80th birthday by taking her to a drag queen show. She didn't think it was as funny as we did, which was a bummer- but I hope she knows our hearts were in the right place. At least it will be memorable.

No comments: